Friday, May 11, 2007

Miscellaneous Ramblings

Lost: Is anyone else still watching this show? Since they came back from the break in January, every episode has been excellent. We've gotten more answers in the last 8 episodes than we have in all three seasons (although every answer still brings about 9 more questions). I don’t want to spoil anything for those who are waiting for the season dvd to catch up but I like this show a whole lot more now than I even did in the first season. If you're not watching it yet, go rent the seasons and start NOW.

Heroes: Following in a super close second to Lost as my favorite show is Heroes. The character development and plot has moved so quickly in this show that I feel like I've been watching it for years. Much faster than Lost. I have no idea how its going to end but I'm hoping that the explosion will happen. I prefer a darker ending for the season instead of the rainbows and flowers ending where the heroes save the day! Boring. I know I will be surprised whatever happens because the writers have yet to disappoint me.

The Office: Okay maybe this is my favorite show, I can’t decide anymore. The Office is definitely the second best sitcom ever on TV (following behind Arrested Development of course). Every episode makes me cry either from laughing so hard or frustration over Jim being with stupid ugly Karen ;). The side characters bring so much to every episode and there's so much to take in that you almost have to watch an episode 2 or 3 times to catch all the jokes. Kelly, Creed & Toby are some of my favorite side characters. The Jim and Pam story is easily 100 times better than Ross and Rachel and I was a HUGE Friends fan. I don’t understand people that don't like this show. I'm convinced that some people won't ever like a sitcom that doesn't have a laugh track. Morons.

MPAA: The MPAA has just announced that they will now give any movie that shows "gratuitous smoking" an automatic "R" rating. SIGH. Once again, some organization has taken it upon themselves to nanny the masses. The MPAA is a horrible institution that needs reorganizing in the worst way. They could care less about violence in movies but boobies, sex and smoking are bad. People of any age are going to smoke if they want to regardless of if they saw it in a movie or not. They're also going to have sex. Forcing producers, directors and writers to water down their creations because of the MPAA's personal issues is not helping society and is producing more and more crap movies every year. That's why people have stopped going to the movies, because they suck. The movies I want to see are only shown at "arthouse theaters" and there are only 2 of those in my area. I don’t want to see remakes of classic TV shows or 3rd, 4th, and 5th sequels. I want to see originality but unfortunately "R" rated movies don’t make as much money and therefore have gone by the wayside. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home